October 6, 2011

Important Info for iPhone 4S Pre-orders!

If you didn't remember that the iPhone 4S pre-orders start tonight at 3am est and 12am pst, well there was your reminder. As announced earlier this week the iPhone 4s pre-orders begin October 7th and go on sale in stores on the 14th. A common question has been if you should pre-order or buy it on the 14th? My answer to that has been all about preference.

PRE-ORDERS- The pros to pre-ordering the iPhone is that you guarantee yourself a phone (they may sell out before though doubtful) and you avoid lines. When I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 back in February I even received my phone a day early as well. For me this was a big deal because I try to make my videos and get them up as fast as possible! The Cons to this process is you have to know your account info and can't deal with a human, which potentially can make this process a real pain. Also you are going to have to activate the phone on your own, which really isn't that hard!
BUYING IN STORES- The benefits of this is that you have the ability to work with a sales rep face to face. I almost always get annoyed when I speak to someone on the phone about my phone plan. Also once you leave the store your phone is activated and they take care of the dirty work for you! The downside is you will have to deal with potential lines and could get the phone later than the people that pre order the phone.

If you are looking for more information on how to pre-order the iPhone go to http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to-buy/. This should answer most of your questions, but if not please comment below and I will try and help you.

Also interms of pricing information engadget has a nice article on what this phone will cost you depending on your plan and carrier. I suggest you take a look http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/06/how-much-will-the-iphone-4s-plans-set-you-back-on-sprint-verizo/

0 comments:

Post a Comment